Coming to you live from day 7 of the shop being closed due to the coronavirus, and this has felt like the longest and shortest week of life. Also, maybe the most challenging and yet peaceful. I wanted to share a reflection of the state of things and what I’m doing to stay healthy both physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
I touch on:
- How this feels like a shift from individual to collective focus
- How to navigate the pressure to do alllll the things right now: meditate, workout, read, start a business. I suggest turning to trusting your own gut to know what you need and when you need it.
- The beauty of both giving and receiving support and looking at life through the lens of “how can I serve others / the collective?” and knowing you can do this best when you first are taking care of yourself.
- Is this all about healing our heart chakra?
- Affirming: “I am safe, I am supported. People want to see me succeed. I am part of something larger than myself. I am taken care of. I am enough. I have enough. All is well. I trust the process. I trust the universe. I trust God. I trust myself. I trust I always know what to do.”
MY constants that have moved me through this week - but find what works for you:
- Each night checking in on the blue mind book club. Seeing the ocean is cathartic. Hearing about water feels beautiful. facebook.com/wallacejnichols
- Movement - walks, yoga, whatever i feel like vs. having a set routine. THOUGH following a routine if that’s what is right for you.
- Daily meditation & prayer
- Lots of writing - business and otherwise
- Sporadic breathwork
- Checking in with people - receiving and giving support when I can. Creating strong boundaries around this as well.
- Laughing & getting into the feelings of joy. AKA: dolphins in the Venice canals. All the really heroic and kind gestures being shared. UPDATE: Apparently the dolphins AREN'T real.
- Cold water swims
- Telling myself that i’m safe and healthy, as often as i need to hear it.
Daily hypnosis and sound healing frequencies:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXQ7-6XopUk and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja4tqY2LfZk
I wrote apost on this, so take a look there fore more links. I also surround myself with beautiful things that keep me high vibe: crystals, flowers, cards, etc. I like to let God connect with me through them.
- Praying / meditation.
- Repeating the affirmations listed above.
- Nature / water